- 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Bragan Field, Jacksonville
WOC will hold its first major fund-raiser Friday, June 23, 2017 at Bragan Field at The Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. The event, named The First Pitch, and presented by bestbet, will be held on a night proclaimed “Walk-Off Charities Day” in Jacksonville by Mayor Lenny Curry.
The First Pitch will conclude Walk-Off Week on 1010XL Radio in which used baseball equipment will be collected, current and former major league baseball players and others from the city’s baseball community, will appear on-air.
The night of the 23rd, The First Pitch will include:
- A Food and Beer Fest displaying some of the top restaurants and craft breweries in all of Jacksonville. For one $40 ticket, fans can sample food from some of the best restaurants in town, beer from the city’s wide array of local breweries, plus mingle with friends, celebrities, local key figures and enjoy an entertaining on-field event, which is
- A celebrity home run hitting contest. The event includes former Jaguars players, former professional baseball players, golfers, local media members and even Mayor Lenny Curry, all of whom will try to hit baseball further than anyone else in the competition.
- A VIP area for sponsors and special guests
- A silent auction that includes sports memorabilia, fun experiential prizes and more.
- A very short program in which Mayor Lenny Curry, WOC Founder and local radio host Frank Frangie, bestbet CEO Jamie Shelton will speak about baseball on the First Coast and the opportunities to grow baseball on the First Coast.
The First Pitch, presented by bestbet, will be the initial fund-raiser and will launch WOC’s scholarship, equipment and clinics programs.